Here’s this week’s meal plan. You’ll notice it’s a little “heavier” than the summer menus I’ve been building. It’s already getting cold here and feels like fall, so I’m seeking comfort in mashed potatoes and pot roast.
- Monday: leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes, carrots
- Tuesday: multigrain fish fillets, brown rice, peas, cucumbers
- Wednesday: Shake & Bake chicken (haven’t made this FOREVER!!!), Smart Pasta rotini with olive oil and garlic, steamed broccoli
- Thursday: Cheesy Chicken Casserole (a recipe from Cooking for the Rushed Healthy Family – it’s already in the freezer), leftover pasta, steamed broccoli
- Friday: sausages, pork and beans (my husband’s words and his request – actually Heinz Brown Beans; think these are a Canadian thing), carrots
- Saturday: Curried Chicken with Harvest Fruit (an old recipe from Chatelaine), rice (brown or basmati), spinach salad with feta and dried cranberries
- Sunday: Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast, mashed potatoes (my husband nearly weeps with happiness when I make mashed potatoes), green beans
Alright, now that that’s all planned, I need to buy a few things:
- Heinz Brown Beans (2 cans)
- chicken thighs (8)
- 3 lb beef roast
- potatoes (russet – they’re better for mashing; 5 lb bag)
- pears (need at least 1, but might as well get a few)
- green beans
I think I pretty much have everything else. Thought I’d post this here so that I can access it from my Blackberry when I hit the grocery store!