Cool mornings, colourful leaves, shorter days. Summer is fading, and fall is coming into its glory.
This year, forget about the coming of winter. Be fierce in savouring the pleasures of autumn. Revel in what brings you comfort as the air turns crisp. Bundle yourself in your coziest sweaters and blankets, wrap your hands around a warm mug of tea, turn on the oven and bake some fall treats. It’s the perfect time to ward off the chill and snuggle into whatever warms you up.
Need a few more ideas for making the most of fall? I have some suggestions:
- watch Sleepy Hollow
- sip some Caramel Apple Spice Cider
- dress for the weather and go for a sunset walk
- bake anything with pumpkin, like these amazing Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- warm up from the inside with a chai latte
- crunch into an apple
- pick out a Halloween costume
- enjoy some cinnamon rooibos chai
- light a pumpkin- or vanilla-scented candle
- grab a novel and curl up for a good read
- replace your hand soap with something seasonal, like this Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin version
- meet an old friend and spend an hour at a coffee shop
- snuggle up with your honey and watch a scary movie, like Halloween, The Silence of the Lambs, or The Shining
- catch a football game
- watch The Walking Dead (yet again) on Netflix in preparation for the season premiere on October 11th
Do you have any fall traditions that you think everyone else should adopt? Is fall your favourite season?