It’s the first day of spring and there is fresh snow on the ground. I do live in Saskatchewan, after all. Snow is not a surprise. True spring, with trees budding and bulbs poking through the earth, will arrive in May in these parts.
Though cool weather is still my reality, I want to embrace the spirit of invigoration that comes with the season and really LIVE this spring. Here’s how I’m making invigoration a reality.
1. Clean and organize a single drawer. The idea of spring cleaning my whole house is overwhelming to me for some reason, and that’s not the feeling I want, so I’m picking an easy win and targeting a single drawer.
2. Download ten new songs and create a new life soundtrack to celebrate this season of renewal.
3. Eat an Easter Creme Egg or some Mini Eggs.
4. Sweep off the front step and put away the winter mat.
5. Buy some tulips, for at home and at the office.
6. Bake a lemon meringue pie and enjoy sharing and eating it.
7. Go for a walk. Throw on some splash pants if need be.
8. Roast a bunch of asparagus. I like use olive oil, salt, and pepper and finish it off with a touch of balsamic vinegar.
9. Pour yourself a glass of sparkling water and add a slice of lime or lemon.
10. Practice a sun salutation or two (or ten, or one hundred and eight).
11. Enjoy a pretty sunset.
12. Whip up a batch of white sangria.
Do you have any spring traditions? What are you itching to do now that the days are getting longer and warmer?