Friday was the kind of day where you get home and barely have the energy to get into bed. No workout, but I did four hours of painting. I didn’t food journal, either.
Yesterday, I continued slacking off. No food journal, no workout.
Today, I did a core workout and water was pretty good. What did I eat?
- oatmeal with cinnamon, 3 tbsp raisins, vanilla, 1/3 c skim milk, and 1 tsp brown sugar
- grande skinny peppermint mocha (love these!)
- 1 can (2 servings) of clam chowder (I had a craving)
- 1 mini Mars bar (Halloween leftovers)
- 6 baby carrots
- 2 c romaine lettuce with Caesar dressing
- 1 slice homemade lasagna
- 1 piece garlic bread
- 1 Twisted shot (in celebration of the Riders win)
- ripple chips and onion dip
- 1 peppermint brownie
So clearly things went downhill as the day progressed, and, man, do I ever need to start eating more fruits and veggies.
My eating plan tomorrow?
- oatmeal with raisins for breakfast
- green monster smoothie, too – 1 c skim milk, 1 banana, 2 c spinach, 1 scoop protein powder
- lasagna, baby carrots (NO garlic bread)
- Oikos yogurt and apple
- chicken breast with salsa and a little cheese, brown rice, green beans
Still not super-super healthy, but an improvement.
Keeping a food journal has made it apparent that I need to do more planning. I’m relying on eating out too much and choosing unhealthy snacks way too often. We also have a shortage of fruit and veggies in this house on a regular basis, which sure doesn’t make healthy eating easier. With Christmas coming up, I think it’s important that I take steps now to make sure that I keep any weight gain to a minimum. I plan to create a meal plan for the next month, fully expecting that it will have to be tweaked as I go along because we all know that the holidays can get out of control with extra activities.
What are your favourite fruit choices during the dark days of winter?