It’s been about a month and a half since I posted. I think that’s the longest I’ve gone without blogging since I started! It was not a deliberate choice and I’ve missed the process of sorting through my thoughts that occurs when I write a post.However, January and February were taken over by the kids’ activities and work. I have been working out more regularly, but I’m still finding that it’s something I put off when my schedule fills up. I’ve also been going to bed ridiculously early, have managed to sneak in a few dates with my husband, and have started organizing a few things around the house.
As for the rest of my resolutions, here’s a summary:
- Lose 25 lbs: lost a few, and then gained them back. My eating has improved a ton, but I’m still eating too much to lose weight and the treats keep on sneaking in there.
- Get back in shape (can it get any more broad than this statement?!?): haven’t make significant strides here. The workouts I’ve been doing have been very basic, but I feel like consistency with exercise will be the key here, so I’m viewing this as a long-term resolution.
- Clean out and organize my home office: office has been cleaned out (just this past weekend), but we’re still working on the organization part.
- Put together a list of family traditions to try out this year: I’ve been reading The Book of New Family Traditions (Revised and Updated): How to Create Great Rituals for Holidays and Every Day but haven’t put together my list yet. Some great ideas, though!
- Be nicer to my husband: I have definitely been nicer, but I know there’s room for improvement here.
- Host friends and families for suppers every other week (but keep it casual and don’t turn it into a chore!): Just had the first supper of the year yesterday, so I was a little delayed in starting this resolution, but we do plan to continue on with this.
- Start learning Portuguese: haven’t started yet, but having been eying up the Rosetta Stone website.
- Put the drama of dental school behind me: I took all of my notes out of my office, put them in a closet, and labeled them for destruction in 1 year’s time. I also shredded some correspondence from my school and felt good about it, and any time a negative thought comes up, I tell myself to let it go, and I do.
- By January 7th, break my resolutions down into attainable, measurable goals and build some reminders into my calendar to follow through with everything: This did NOT happen, but this is something I will be working on tonight – it’s time.
How have your resolutions/goals for the year been going?