Kat at Tenaciously Yours has posted information about “a prompt-a-day series for the month of December that is meant to give us all the chance to reflect on 2012 and the opportunity to write down our hopes and dreams for the coming year.” Her post and the details are here.
Small Pleasures: What small pleasures did you discover this year?
There are small pleasures that I have enjoyed for half a lifetime, or maybe even longer: a long, hot bath; reading in the tub; cozying up in the corner of a couch with a novel; sitting by the fire; lying on the grass in the sun; milk chocolate; drinking hot chocolate after coming in from the cold; the feel of sand between my toes; a cold Diet Pepsi; driving down the highway while singing to a favourite song.
I have enjoyed each of those things in 2012, and added the following to my repertoire:
- homemade diet cherry limeades
- yoga, on the regular
- cuddling with my kids almost every night (possible now that I’m done school)
- camping in a tent with my kids
- peppermint tea (not that I had never tried it before, but I’m making it more of A Thing now)
- from scratch red velvet cake and cupcakes
- homemade margherita pizza on the barbecue
- butternut squash soup
- skinny cinnamon dolce lattes from Starbucks
What’s your simple pleasure?