A Month in Review: Disney, Convocation, and Getting My Life Back
Yes, it has been awhile. What have I been up to? Here’s a little summary:
- Took my family to Orlando. Got to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, drink butterbeer and pumpkin juice, get soaked on Ripsaw Falls, watch my daughter fall in love with E.T., hula in front of a crowd, hear my son beg to go on ride after ride after ride, experience the magic of Disney, watch my kids get to talk to Crush, watch fireworks, become a pirate, have family pictures taken at the Polynesian, ride the monorail, eat way too much, and get some sun.
- (Finally) Convocated from university with my DMD. Now get to put at “Dr.” in front of my name. Weird.
- Got my license to practice dentistry.
- Signed an agreement to purchase a dental practice, which means I’ll be my own boss in about a month and a half.
- Cleaned off my kitchen table.
- Made a kick-ass Summer 2012 playlist that I will be listening to for the next few months.
- Fell of the healthy eating wagon. Again. Vacation is a killer!
- Cooked a Father’s Day dinner for 16 people.
- Went on an overnight camping trip with my son’s class, where they got to wall climb, horseback ride, and go canoeing. There was also a little beach volleyball, air hockey, basketball, skateboarding, s’mores, and a giant swing that my son probably rode 30 times and loved so much.
- Read the first four books in the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin. Love.
- Read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
- Re-read World War Z by Max Brooks. Love this book so much.
- Watched season 1 of the Games of Thrones. Love this, too.
- Started reading Quiet: the Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain. It makes me feel better about myself.
- Saw Snow White and the Huntsman. It was okay.
- Have started socializing with friends and neighbours again.
- Have run my kids to school, hockey, and soccer as needed.
- Have been catching up on sleep as much as possible.
Phew! Now wonder I’ve been so tired.
Anyway, now that the purchase agreement for the dental clinic is signed and I don’t have to spend (as much of) my days talking to lawyers, accountants, insurance brokers, and bankers, I can move on to enjoying my summer before I take over the clinic August 8th.
There is so much I want to do over the next month and a half, and I know that I won’t get it all done, so what I’ve decided to start doing is making lists. Not just a “To Do Summer 2012″ list, but a “Big Picture/Life Goals/Bucket List/Favourite Things” list. I’m hoping that that will help me narrow down what I actually undertake, while keeping in mind that I don’t have to get everything done at once because I’m 36, so I hope to have many years to keep enjoying life (*knock on wood*).
What’s on your bucket list? Summer list?