We’re a few days into December now, but before I suddently find myself counting down to midnight on the 31st, wondering where the month went, I want to take a few minutes and sort out what I want (and need) to accomplish this month.
- Study like a crazy fool until the 16th. I’ve got a schedule laid out in my calendar, so now it’s just a matter of following through. I’m feeling rather overwhelmed, though, because several of the exams are comprehensive in the sense that they cover prior years’ material.
- Fit in 30 minutes of exercise (yoga, walking, running, strength, etc.) everyday for the next 12 days. On the 17th, set out workouts for the rest of the month.
- Wrap presents and finish off my Christmas shopping. Truth be told, I did almost all of my shopping online this year and only have a couple of gifts left to buy (brother-in-law, husband, Dad).
- Do family stuff! This includes: a family game night, trimming the tree, baking cookies, making sucre à la crème (brown sugar fudge), taking a drive through The Enchanted Forest, and going skating (weather dependent).
- Re-read The Hunger Games trilogy. I’m sure there will be other things to read over the holidays, too, but I raced through this last Christmas and want to read it again, savouring it a little more this time.
That’s all I’ve got for now. Must get back to studying. Only a few more days until the Christmas break!
What are some of your favourite things to do this time of year?