27 of 28: A Week in Review
Okay, so the week sort of got away from me and my 28 straight days of activity definitely fell by the wayside.
But, I accomplished some great things this week and I definitely want to share:
- Started my first bridge prep, which means that I drilled away some of the structure of a couple of my patient’s teeth so that a bridge fill fit over top of them. I did a good job and was really proud of myself.
- Finished my first root canal, which happened to be a molar with 3 canals. Though there was a bit of a hiccup in the process earlier on, it was definitely satisfying to get a root canal under my belt.
- Made the most amazing Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala, which was recommended to me by Deana over at Soles of a Mom. It was so good that I wanted to lick my plate afterward. It may be the best meal I’ve ever made.
- Took a stab at making cake pops. If you haven’t checked out Bakerella’s website to see some of the amazing creations she’s whipped up, then you should head on over and check them out. Mine were not as pretty as hers, but they tasted good.
- Had another physio session and am making progress. My hip has been bothering me less lately and hasn’t been feeling as tight.
- Went for a walk/run today. Wow, have I ever lost conditioning since I basically stopped running back in August! My heart rate was ridiculous during my running intervals. I walked 20 minutes, then did 18 minutes of run-walking (2 minutes running, 1 minute walking x 6), before cooling down. Despite the fact that my lungs were not able to keep up, it felt great to get out there. I’m looking forward to doing more running this week coming up.
- I bought myself a pair of tall boots and a really warm winter coat (3/4 length dark blue down North Face) this week. I want to buy myself some new Uggs (SO warm), a new toque, and some new gloves before it gets really cold, but getting a new winter coat was the biggie.
- Gave a presentation to my class this week and it went pretty well. We have very little homework this year, but this was one project that I had to do. It’s nice to be done and have it out of the way.
Tomorrow is Halloween. My son is dressing up as Bumblebee from Transformers, while my daughter is going to be a vampire. I plan to get in on the dress-up action and put on a vampire costume, too. I even did these really cool nails for my daughter.
The week coming up will be busy again. I’ve got an exam coming up and need to review a ton of material for it. Time to get cracking, for sure. I’ve procrastinated enough.
Do you like to dress up for Halloween?