- Sorry, no pics from the formal yet! I forgot my camera, but a friend of mine got tons of snaps and said he would send some my way. For the record, the formal was fun. I had a piece too many of dessert, enjoyed some G&T’s, and danced with my friends. What more could you ask for?
- Got in a few workouts last week: core, upper body, and a run. Nothing hard core. Just trying to get moving again.
- I stayed home with my daughter today. She has a cold, was feeling okay in the morning, but was coughing a lot during the night, so we kept her home. Built a foam “haunted mansion,” watched Drake and Josh and cuddled on the couch, and bought some Thanksgiving themed cupcake liners – see below.
- Made some really delicious pumpkin muffins with the kids tonight. Definitely not a healthy recipe, but I wanted to see how the original recipe was before I tweaked it. Check out the recipe here. (I definitely did NOT use the fresh pumpkin that the recipe called for.)
- My school is starting to settle down, so I think I can fit in 4 workouts this week. I’ve put them into my calendar…
- The weather has been AMAZING lately. Hot, sunny, and dry. Why can’t September be like this every year? I am now dreading the cold winter we will likely receive in return for the beautiful summer we just enjoyed.
- My run on Saturday didn’t go that well. I decided to run to the drugstore and back. The run there was fine. Heart rate was through the roof, pace was ridiculously slow, and lungs were burning. This was balanced out by the fact that the weather was perfect, I had a new playlist on my iPod, and I was actually running. My left hip felt a little tight, but okay, and it was only a 15 minute run. On the way back, though, my knee started to hurt with the familiar IT band pain, so I just walked home. Still a good day for a walk, but of course, pain-free running would have been better. I’m a couple of weeks away from seeing my new physio, so I’ll be keeping any runs I do fairly short.
What’s your favourite fall recipe? Pumpkin muffins are delicious, of course, but I also start to make things in my slow cooker, like chili, beef stew, and pulled pork.