I’m a planner and I like to be organized. (Type A much?) But I’ve been quite pressed for time this week, so I’m not packed for Disneyland yet and we fly out tomorrow night. What? I don’t have my packing checklist all typed up and my toiletries neatly packed in Ziploc bags? Nope, not this time. I will be throwing some clothes in a bag tomorrow and hoping I have everything essential. I figure as long as I’ve got my passport and wallet, I’m pretty much good to go.
I just figured out that the rooms have blowdryers, so I don’t have to pack that along. I do have to track down some sunscreen, since we’ve got tons of it lying around the house. Might as well use it now, because I”m sure it’ll be expired by the time it gets hot and sunny here next year. Other essentials:
- bathing suit and flips flops
- runners and workout gear (this may be more hopeful than realistic, but whatevs)
- shorts and T’s
- my iPod
- my laptop (this didn’t used to be essential, but we really miss having a computer when we travel without it!)
- the camera (our point-and-shoot)
- our reservation info
- U.S. cash
- my cell phone (just in case my kids get lost – I have our cell phone numbers on wristbands that they’ll wear)
- airplane snacks and activities for the kids
- a book for the plane
- comfy shoes!