Wrote my 3rd final of the week today. There was a modest amount of head-scratching involved during the test, but I finished and feel okay – not great – about it. Ended up finishing well ahead of noon, so I was able to get some extra studying in this morning and treated myself to a Napa grilled chicken salad (sans blue cheese) at Fuddruckers. I was satisfied with my meal, put in some study time at the restaurant, and then hit Starbucks for a venti Awake tea and studied some more. Did I mention we’re developed our dungeon/unfinished basement, so my house is a little noisy for studying at the moment?
Did a pretty good job of staying focused today. Maybe the change of scenery helped. In any case, I got through the material I wanted to get through with time to spare, so I added in an extra reward for myself: I spent some time on laineygossip.com, my favourite celebrity gossip website. As for my other rewards for today, I downloaded “Are You Gonna Go My Way” by Lenny Kravitz (which I used to have in my music library, but somehow it didn’t get transferred over from my old computer), will be booking a massage ASAP, and I ordered a new headband! I had intended to order a Sweaty Band, but the shipping was almost as much as the headband itself, so I found a much more reasonable option (a sparkly peacock blue skinny band! so fun!) from Bic Bands on Etsy.
Goals for tomorrow:
1. Final review before my test tomorrow, and then crush the exam!
2. Study. Ugh. Removable prosthodontics (dentures). Ugh. I’m already sick of studying for finals and I haven’t even hit the end of the first week! Ugh. 4 hours of removable in the afternoon, sneak in 1 hour of fixed prosthodontics (crowns and bridges), and then 4 hours more of removable. Ugh.
3. Rewards for meeting my goals:
– afternoon: these shoes from Toms
– evening: put Run Faster in my shopping cart at amazon.ca
– all day: book a facial for after finals
You may notice that these are some kick-ass rewards. To get through the study material I’m covering tomorrow, I need some major enticements.
That’s it, that’s all. I’m hitting the hay. Planning to put myself to sleep going through oral pathology flashcards…