Per yesterday’s post, I set out a few nutritional goals for the week, including posting my food journal at least 4 days this week. Now, I’ll admit off the bat that I considered not posting what I consumed today because it was a fairly unhealthy day for me. But, it’s been said that the truth will set you free, so in keeping with the spirit of enlightenment-through-confession embodied in that cliche, here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Zone bar
- Lunch: 3 pieces of chicken, spinach, tomato, and feta pizza, can of Diet Coke
- Supper: meatloaf, 1/4 c brown rice, 1/3 c Smart Pasta rotini, 1 1/2 c spinach with 1 tsp raspberry vinaigrette, 1 tbsp raisins, 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds, 1/2 tbsp feta
- Snack: Cadbury Fruit and Nut chocolate bar, 1/3 of a Big Turk chocolate bar
2 things about this:
- I can’t believe this is what I actually consumed today. Just, gross.
- I also can’t believe I just posted this where anyone can read it. *covers her face*
Ah well, now you know what a bad day of eating looks like for me. Judge away!
I would like to say that I don’t usually eat this poorly, but I guess that remains to be seen as I continue to document my food intake this week. Despite my a) heavy consumption of starchy and processed foods and b) failure to consume a decent amount of fruit and vegetables, I did manage to down 8 cups of water today. However, ALL of those were after 6pm. I’m not kidding. Think I might have been dehydrated at all during the day? Crazy, right?
Now, back to studying periodontal surgery. I am telling you, after what I’ve seen: floss and brush, people. Floss. And. Brush.
Do you keep a food journal? Paper or electronic? Are you ever sort of appalled at what you record?