A few random things today:
1. Love the Kings of Leon and just downloaded a few albums I didn’t have from iTunes while watching their performance at the O2 Arena in London on Superchannel. If you don’t know the Kings of Leon, please please PLEASE Google them or go to iTunes!
2. Missed my spin class earlier this week – Monday at 6am just wasn’t going to fit into my schedule – so my trainer said I could hit another of her classes later on. Today was “later,” and involved half and hour of spinning and half an hour of full-body strength. I doubt I’ll be walking properly tomorrow as my legs are currently feeling like rubber, but I feel great right now! Nothing like a tough workout to get the blood flowing. Downloaded the data for this workout from my Garmin, and here’s what my heart rate looked like:
Max heart rate: 184 bpm
Avg heart rate: 164 bpm
Considering my max is somewhere around 187 (and that’s running), I would definitely say I pushed it today. Patting myself on the back right now.
3. Have managed to stay out of the kids’ candy all week! I feel like that’s major accomplishment. Seriously.
4. To meet my goals for the week, I’ll be fitting in a workout tomorrow. I’ll likely be stationary biking, but depending how my IT band/knee is feeling tomorrow, I might go for a very short run. Just to recap, I injured my left IT band while training for a half marathon this summer – after I started to taper. Go figure. Have been struggling with it ever since, and while I’ve been giving it lots of rest, I’ve slacked off on the hip strengthening exercises my physio gave me. That combined with a reduction in my overall strength training is I’m sure what’s keeping my IT band nagging at me. Oh well – can only focus on so many things, and right now, that’s making it through dental school, looking after the kids and household, and fitting in the workouts I can when I can. Dedicated rehabbing of the IT band? Not so much.
5. I am terrible at picking out lipstick colours. Not sure why? Maybe because I usually judge colour on the back of my hand. LOL Went to Shopper’s this morning and got the cosmetics lady to help me. Was actually able to try the lipstick on. Walked away with 2 new lipsticks, one by Lise Watier and the other by Pur Minerals. I am totally excited to wear them around, like, everyday!
6. Went out for supper with friends last night. Was starving. Ordered a salad. Yeah, I’ve reached that point where I can happily turn down the burger and fries and go for the healthy option. Just to clarify, I’m not talking about some crappy tossed salad with a few grated carrots. It was a Chicken Napa Valley salad from Jerry’s Food Emporium: mixed greens & seasonal vegetables, pecans, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, raisins & feta cheese with a zesty honey citrus vinaigrette & herb rubbed grilled chicken, with a small crusty roll on the side. Now that’s a salad, non?
7. I’m wearing leg warmers right now. No, they aren’t the same as the ones from the 80’s. They are actually functional. The ones I have are from Lululemon and allow me to wear my capri-length running tights when it’s cold out. Love them. No, really -they’re cool now.
Okay, I’m gonna sign off now. I’m sitting here in my sweaty workout clothes, having finished my skim milk and oatmeal with raisins. Think it’s time to shower.
Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend. Do something that makes you happy. 🙂