It definitely feels like fall around here. This week, forecasted highs are in the 8 to 13 degrees Celcius (46 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit) range. Brrrr! If I had the time, I’d be baking some cranberry or pumpkin muffins. Maybe another week.
My schedule this week is a little different. Instead of going to my dental classes, I’m doing a hospital roster, which involves watching some oral surgeries and shadowing other medical residents for most of the week. Should be interesting, but two things make me nervous: 1) I’m afraid I won’t know the answers to any questions they ask, and 2) I’m missing a lot of classes this week, and I’ll need to catch up! Plus, mornings will be earlier, and I’m already starting to feel a little run down due to my busy schedule.
What does that have to do with meals? Well, I’m trying to keep meals quick, easy, and familiar. Some of the main courses are in the freezer, waiting to be cooked or heated, and I plan to use the slow cooker a couple of times.
- Monday: Marinated Chicken Breasts, Smart Pasta rotini with olive oil and garlic, green beans
- Tuesday: Multigrain Fish Fillets, brown rice, Maple Dill Carrots
- Wednesday: soft tacos/taco salad
- Thursday: Slow Cooker Chicken Stew; spinach salad with feta, cranberries, and raspberry vinaigrette; whole grain bread
- Friday & Saturday: we’ll be eating out both days
- Sunday: Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots