I’m running the Queen City half marathon September 12th, and after that, I have nothing scheduled. I like to have races in my calendar to keep me motivated for training. For a while I entertained the notion of flying down south for a sprint distance triathlon over the Thanksgiving long weekend, but the cost and logistics were hurdles I didn’t want to overcome. We don’t have vacation days in dental school – haha!
So, now I’m looking for some shorter races to run where I live. Here are the races I’ve found so far:
- The Terry Fox Run – Sunday, September 19th (5k)
- Miles for Smiles 2010 – Sunday, September 26th (5k)
- Sask 50k Ultra – Saturday, October 23rd (longer than I would want to run, but there is a relay option with 14 to 20k distances)
- Arthritis Society Jingle Bell Run – Sunday, November 14th (5k)
- Santa Shuffle 2010 – Saturday, December 4th (5k)
Of course, I should probably wait to see what my school term looks like before I sign up for anything, but running a few 5k’s might be just the thing to keep me on track.