Having “The Talk” With My Son, and Other Random Bits
- No matter what good intentions I have, the e-mails tend to pile up in my inbox. Today, I started going through a few (hundred) and weeding things out. In the process, I found this video on foam rolling and thought I’d share because I’m sure I’m not the only one out there who needs to stretch out those legs.
- I posted here that I was thinking of running the Disneyland Half Marathon. I checked the website only a few days ago, and at the time, the website said the race was 80% full. After some discussion with my husband over the past few days, I decided to register today, but sadly and somewhat surprising to me, it was full. I put my name on the waitlist, but also registered for the Queen City Half Marathon, which runs a week later. Either way, I’m looking forward to training for a half – and
hopefullynot getting injured – this summer.
- My 6 year old son just asked my husband and me what sex is. The resulting discussion was only semi-awkward.
- I was up at 4 am again today. Went back to sleep around 7am. I am not loving this waking up in the middle of the night thing. Poor quality sleep makes me feel so terrible all day, and my GI tract was definitely feeling sketchy today as a result. I’m sure the stress isn’t helping, either.
- I’m was going to use my tiredness to explain why I didn’t work out today, but the reality is, I just didn’t fit my workout in today, and there was no really good reason for it. Fitness fail!
- It’s supposed to be above freezing tomorrow afternoon, so I’m definitely going for a run. Can’t wait!
I’m calling it a day and heading for bed with fingers crossed that I’ll sleep all night.
How’s the weather where you are? Are you running outside yet, or do you run on the treadmill year-round?